JackBox – Responsive Lightbox
JackBox – A Responsive Lightbox with Real Social Sharing JackBox was built with 2 goals in mind: Create a lightbox that worked on mobile devices, even smartphones. JackBox is “responsive”, which means it’s 100% compatible with responsive websites. Create a lightbox where every image, video and song can be individually shared. This means when someone […]
JackBox – A Responsive Lightbox with Real Social Sharing
JackBox was built with 2 goals in mind:
- Create a lightbox that worked on mobile devices, even smartphones. JackBox is “responsive”, which means it’s 100% compatible with responsive websites.
- Create a lightbox where every image, video and song can be individually shared. This means when someone “likes” one of your photos, when a friend clicks on the shared link, they’ll instantly be shown the exact photo that was originally shared.
- Responsive / Mobile Ready
- Retina Ready Graphics
- Share any item through Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest and Google+
- Deep-linking, every item has it’s own unique link
- Touch Swipe for Mobile Devices
- Genuine Fullscreen for Firefox and Chrome
- Group any items together and create item categories
- Youtube Video w/ Mobile Fallback
- Vimeo Video w/ Mobile Fallback
- Automatic Youtube and Vimeo thumbnail loading
- HTML5 Video w/ Flash backup
- HTML5 Audio w/ Flash backup
- Flash Video w/ Mobile Backup
- Load HTML Divs, iFrames and Google Maps
- A boatload of Custom Thumbnail Hovers and Tooltips
- CSS3 Preloader for smoother animation
- Optional gallery-style thumbnails
- Options to set the lightbox thumbnail width and height
- Optional item titles and descriptions
- Option to show the description info by default
- Option to start with thumbnails hidden
- Option to autoplay all videos either globally or individually
- Option to zoom smaller images automatically either globally or individually
- Option to preload graphics for a smoother lightbox experience
JackBox Makes Thumbnails Easy
- First, you have the choice to load a sepcific thumbnail of your choice.
- If none are chosen, and the lightbox item is a clickable thumbnail to begin with, JackBox will grab and resize that thumbnail instead.
- If these options aren’t available, JackBox will then attempt to grab the large version of the lightbox image and resize it.
- And as a last resort, JackBox will just use a default thumbnail of your choosing.
- Images, Video and Audio shown in the preview are not included in the download source and are for demonstration purposes only.
- Please not that several of the JackBoxFX are black and white to color transitions.
- Autoplay for video and audio is not available on mobile due to device restrictions.
- Mobile touch swipe functionality is only available for images.
- Fullscreen mode is not available for IE, Opera or Safari.
- JackBox is not automatically compatible with WordPress
- Experience with editing raw HTML
If you use a WYSIWYG editor to build your websites, JackBox is not for you
- A solid understanding of how a website’s folder hierarchy works.
- Experience with an FTP program such as Filezilla or CyberDuck
PREVIEW IMAGE SOCIAL BUTTONS