Interactive World Maps
This is a WordPress plugin to create as many maps as you want, with interactive and colored markers, continents, countries or regions. Show Different Regions You will be able to show hundreds of different kinds of maps, already included: A map of the entire world. A continent or a sub-continent. (Africa, Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania […]
This is a WordPress plugin to create as many maps as you want, with interactive and colored markers, continents, countries or regions.
Show Different Regions
You will be able to show hundreds of different kinds of maps, already included:
- A map of the entire world.
- A continent or a sub-continent. (Africa, Europe, Americas, Asia, Oceania and all their sub-continents)
- A country. (virtually all the countries in the world are included, featuring the most requested: USA , United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, India, Australia…)
- A country divided by its regions.
- A state in the United States.
- The United States divided by metropolitan areas.
- A state in the United States divided by metropolitan areas.
Color Regions or add Markers
You can add active colored regions to the map, and display them in 2 different ways:
- As Regions – It will color the whole region, for example a continent, subcontinent, a country, a country province, or a US state.
- As Markers -It will display a colored bubble in the chosen regions, that can be a city, a state or a country.
You can add interactivity to the active regions:
- A Tooltip– A tooltip will be displayed by default on hover with the information you provide.
You will be able to costumize the visual of your maps:
- Background color;
- Box border width and color;
- Inactive regions color;
- Individual colors for each active region;
- Markers size;
- Width and Height of the map;
If you’re a CSS pro, you can also create custom classes and customize the maps even further, creating hover effects, changing the mouse cursor, among other stuff.
Add the Maps anywhere on your website
You can use a shortcode to include the maps in posts, pages and even in sidebar widgets! You can also add the maps to your template, with a simple php function.
If no width is specified it will load with the maximum width available in the container div. For example, it will load and adapt with different sizes for phones/ipads/laptops. However, after loaded it will not change size if you resize the window.
Cross device and browser compatible
The maps are built in SVG , no flash is used and therefore they will display in Mac products.
This plugin uses the powerful Google Geochart API which creates the SVG vector maps.
- WPMU – 7 WordPress Map Plugins That Put The World At Your Fingertips
- Tripwire Magazine – 75+ Best WordPress Plugins – Want Unfair Advantage?
«This is the easiest to use plugin. I bought the plugin to use for a client’s site that does work all over the world. They wanted an easy way to display information about their work in different countries and this made my life so simple. Well worth the money and I’ll be back to purchase for any additional clients who need this type of functionality.»
«If anyone is thinking about buying this plug-in, don’t hesitate. It doesn’t get any better than this. If you think $18 is too steep, you’ve never struggled coding maps. This is such a time saver that I’d gladly have paid ten times the asking price. In fact, I’ve paid a pretty penny for software over the years hoping to save time and aggravation when it came to making interactive maps. Interactive World Maps is a gem.»
2012/09/22 – v.1.1.0 – Added feature to color continents and subcontinents.
2012/09/09 – v.1.0.3 – Improved support for HTML values in ‘action value’ field.
2012/09/05 – v.1.0.2 – Google Chrome bug fixed, Improved function to show map from php function and other minor fixes.
2012/09/03 – v.1.0.1 – Minor fixes in the wp_enqueue
2012/09/03 – v.1.0.0 Initial Release